As of fall/winter 2002, the campaign to found the Northern California Natural History Museum at CSU, Chico has raised a total of $6.2 million in funds and pledges. This represents 69% of our goal of $9 million.
We are well on our way, and pressing forward to reach our goal in the year 2003!
The $6.2 million raised so far has come from three main sources:
- $1.2 million from citizens and businesses of Northern California, including members of the NCNHM Board of Directors
- $2.0 million valuation of land committed by CSU, Chico
- $3.0 million of State of California funds from Proposition 40 (the 2002 Clean Water, Clean Air, Safe Neighborhood Parks, and Coastal Protection Act)
To secure the remaining $2.8 million of our goal, we continue to contact California citizens and businesses interested in educating our school children about the natural wonders of our region, conserving Northern California’s natural heritage, and inspiring our youth to attend college and study the sciences. In addition, we have now reached the stage of our campaign where it is appropriate to approach foundations to provide the final pieces of support for the project.
All donors will be recognized in a prominent display in the museum, according to their category of giving:
- $250,000 and above: Founders of the Museum (named halls)
- $100,000: Founding Benefactors of the Museum (named exhibits)
- $50,000: Founding Patrons of the Museum
- $25,000: Founding Donors of the Museum
- $10,000: Founding Contributors to the Museum
- $5,000: Contributors to the Museum
Pledges and Donations
Enquiries regarding pledges or donations to the museum should be directed to Kim DuFour, College of Natural Sciences Director of Development (530-898-4466 or [email protected]) or Jessee Allread, NCNHM Major Gifts Director (530-894-2848 or [email protected]).
Pledges in support of the museum may be structured to be distributed over several years, commencing from an agreed-upon date. These may include outright gifts of cash or appreciated assets. Deferred gifts are also welcome, of course, and will be applied to the museum endowment when the gifts are realized.
Naming opportunities exist for Founders of the Museum and Founding Benefactors of the Museum.
To learn about remaining naming opportunities contact Jessee Allread, NCNHM Major Gifts Director (530-894-2848 or [email protected]).
- Museum name: $2,000,000 Gift
- Great Hall name: $750,000 Gift (Home of “Ages of N. California”)
- Cornyn Moore Hall: $500,000 Gift (Home of “Worlds of N. California”) (Already secured)
- Exhibit Hall East name: $500,000 Gift (Home of Traveling exhibits)
- Classroom and Meeting Room name: $500,000 Gift (Home of Wet lab, Site programs)
- Patio and Sculpture Garden name: $250,000 Gift
- Children’s Playground name: $250,000 Gift
- Refreshment Center name: $250,000 Gift
Components of “Ages of Northern California”:
- Glen and Virginia Toney Age of Dinosaurs $ 100,000 Gift (Already secured)
- Age of Giant Mammals name: $ 100,000 Gift
- Gary and Judy Sitton Age of Conservation $ 100,000 Gift (Already secured)
Components of “Worlds of Northern California”:
- The Coast world name: $ 100,000 Gift
- The Valley world name: $ 100,000 Gift
- The Foothill world name: $ 100,000 Gift
- The High Mountain world name: $ 100,000 Gift